Running in winter
Even in winter-time condition running sport is possible. Thereby you should pay attention to the following:
- Choose waterproof trail running shoes. Use synthetic "technical" clothes rather than cotton and don't forget to cover hands and head with gloves and a cap.
- Protect your skin with a greasy cream (water in oil emulsion).
- Warm up before you start, choose flat, stable ground and take shorter strides.
- Stay hydrated because the cold reduces the feeling of thirst.
- Your body will consume more energy, watch out for hypoglycemia. Choose to eat dried fruit and cereal bars.
- Do not run if you suffer from asthma or a history of heart disease.
In general, do not run if temperature is below -5 °C.